Tuesday, February 12, 2013

iParenting


1. What was the mother's purpose for creating the iPhone contract?
2. Which item of the contract do you feel is the most reasonable? Explain.
3. Which item of the contract do you feel is the most extreme? Explain.
4. Create one additional item you would add to this contract, if you were Gregory's mother. Explain why this addition is important.


     The mothers purpose for creating the contact was to make sure her son wasn't doing anything he wasn't supposed to on his phone, and to regulate the time he had on it. 
     I thought the rule about no inappropriate content was fairly reasonable... But that usually goes without saying. 
     I think the rule saying that it had to be turned off at 7:00 and couldn't be taken to school was a bit over the top.. That means you only have like 5 hours to be on it each day, 6 on weekends. Once you start a conversation with someone, you don't want to tell them that you have to go because your time limit with your phone is up. Its a bit childish, even if he is only thirteen.
     If I had to add an additional rule to the mothers contract, I would say that only you were allowed to have it. If something happened to it, and it wasn't you, you would still get blamed for it. It could get broken, or even get dropped in the toilet... I speak from personal experience.
     I think the contract was overall a good idea. Some of the rules I couldn't agree more with. Others I think are just pointless. His mother did know what she was doing when she bought him that phone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment